I always say that moisture is key in retaining length in the natural hair growth process.
During the day, before bed and in the morning, I always spray my hair with a moisturizer. Especially during the summer months when the sun is at its peak – moisture is necessary.
Some of my favorites are my DIY rosewater spritz and a few of the items below.
Instead of buying hair sprays, you can simply make your own depending on what your hair may need at the time. Here are a few tips and advice on D.I.Y Hair Spritz:
- Spray bottles are easy to find. Try your local dollar store. Nothing too fancy is needed
- If possible, always use distilled in your mix. This helps preserve your mix and helps without the introduction of hard water deposits.
- You can combine different oils for specific purposes. If you have dry scalp, try using Tea Tree Oil
- Empty and recreate your mix every couple of weeks. Bacteria can form if not done so.
- Other ingredients can be added to your mix (Conditioners, honey, aloe vera juice, etc.)
- Olive Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Tea Tree Oil
- Aloe Vera gel or juice
- Green Tea
- Vitamin E Oil
- Jojoba Oil
Want more DIY? Learn to make your own all-natural, chemical free shampoo and conditioner? Enroll in our online course today.
Sign up for the ClassyCurlies Mailing List