I often go through periods where I don’t realize how long or thick my hair really is until someone mentions it in conversation. This time, I noticed it in a photo.
I had created a quick natural hairstyle one morning, took a photo for my Instagram and was amazed. Wow! My hair really is thick.
Here’s how to get the look:
What you need to get started:
- Ponytail holder
- Styler or gel
- Bobby pin
Here’s how it’s done:
- Using the comb, create a horizontal part across your head starting at your ears. The part should start at the top of one ear, and end at the other.
- Section the back half away
- Create a middle part in the front section to create two even, smaller sections
- Use a dime-sized amount of styler on the front right section and create one, jumbo braid. The key is to braid as loosely as possible to achieve a larger braid.
- Repeat the previous step on the front left section.
- Add a small amount of styler to the back section and create a loose bun. Begin by starting a ponytail without pulling the hair all the way through.
- Lastly, pin the ends of the front braids to the top base of the bun.
SIGN UP for the ClassyCurlies’ mailing list to unlock your free 8-page ebook on healthy hair rinses.
Sign up for the ClassyCurlies Mailing List