There is nothing like a true day of relaxation and self-care. I decided to step it up by creating a DIY Matcha Rose Body Scrub.
If you haven’t already, don’t forget to check out our new DIY beauty box, Make It Classy. It comes will all of the ingredients you need to make your own DIY beauty products at home. It’s all delivered to your doorstep!
This body scrub is simple and includes just five ingredients you’ll most likely have around your home. Here’s the breakdown:
- Granulated sugar: While I try my best to avoid sugar, I do like to use it in my body scrubs and as a light abrasive.
- Matcha: Ground up green tea leaves that help with skin inflammation and improves skin complexion.
- Dried roses: Adds moisture, prevents inflammation and maintains the skin’s pH balance.
- Peppermint essential oil: Soothes and cools the skin
- Avocado oil: Provides the skin with healthy fats needed to keep cells healthy
A common theme you’ll see for this recipe is its anti-inflammatory properties.
I haven’t used store bought lotion in years, and don’t plan to any time soon. They are full of harmful chemicals that don’t truly moisturize the skin. Now days, I use my DIY whipped shea butter, body butters from some of my favorite online brands or I use body scrubs like this one.
Ready to get started? Here’s how it’s done:
DIY Matcha Rose Body Scrub
- 3 big tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of matcha (buy it here)
- 1 tablespoon of avocado oil (buy it here)
- 5 drops peppermint essential oil (buy it here)
- 1 teaspoon dried roses (buy it here)
How to use
The easiest way to use this scrub is to keep it in the shower. You’ll want to scoop a handful out after cleansing your body. Massage it into your skin, rinse and that’s it.
Be sure to avoid getting too much water into the jar.
Want more DIY recipes? Learn more about our DIY beauty box delivered to your door.
Sign up for the ClassyCurlies Mailing List