I've been wanting to share a new DIY hair care recipe that I think you'll love. It's a thick and creamy deep conditioner perfect for thick and/or curly hair.
As you know, I'm a DIY girl and want to know what's in all of my products. That goes for food and beauty. When I learned how toxic many of our beauty products can be, that's when I started making my own and sharing my knowledge with you all. It's also why I started Make It Classy DIY Beauty Box.
While you can find more DIY beauty recipes here, let's get started on whipping up this protein-rich conditioner.
- 1 teaspoon raw honey - great for keeping hair moisturized and shiny
- 2 teaspoons olive oil - helps to lock in the moisture
- 1-2 cups plain Greek yogurt (depending on hair length. I used 2 cups) - Brings the creaminess and protein.
- 5 drops sage essential oil
- 5 drops sweet orange essential oil
- Mix all ingredients together until fully combined.
- Apply generously to freshly washed hair
- Apply a shower cap and let sit for 15-20 minutes
- Rinse thoroughly with cool water
- Style as usual
I absolutely love this conditioner because it gives my hair the protein it needs while also making my detangling session a breeze. Due to the olive oil content in this recipe, I didn't need to use any product to detangle my hair.
Since this is a protein conditioner, I don't recommend using this recipe often. Every other month should be just fine.
Try it out for yourself and let me know how it works out.
Find our DIY beauty kits here.