Over the past 12 months, we’ve spent more time at home than ever before. As a result, you may have seriously begun to question your previous decorating or furniture choices (was green wallpaper ever a good idea?), or simply feel as though you need a change. However, it’s important to remember that transforming your home does not have to be a difficult or even timely process – as there are plenty of small changes that you could make that will have a real and lasting impact on your home.
With that in mind, here are some top tips for you to make your home look its best!
- Keep on top of clutter – ensuring that there is a place for everything and everything in its place. It’s important that you can relax at home, and minimizing clutter is a great way to create the stress-free environment you crave.
- Make home maintenance a property, carrying out tasks such as gutter cleaning, window washing and pressure washing on a regular basis. This will ensure that your home always looks its best – and save you from having to undertake costly repairs further down the line. Thankfully, you don’t have to tackle these duties alone – as companies such as Labor Panes are always on hand to help.
- Put together a cleaning schedule and ensure that you stick to it. Where possible, you should try to conduct a thorough deep clean of your home at least once a month, focusing on the areas that may be neglected in your day-to-day cleaning.
- Think about the changes you can make to your home that will benefit you in the future. For example, if you are worried about how much your home is costing you, you could try to make your home more energy-efficient through installing solar paneling and double-glazed windows.
- Remember that the outside of your home is just as important as the inside – especially when you’re trying to enhance your curbside appeal. Therefore, one way in which you can go about making your home look better is by taking better care of your lawn and garden. If you aren’t the best plant-parent, then consider hiring a gardener to take on this work for you.
- If you want to repaint a room, but find that you change your mind every few weeks – look for ways that you can change the space without making permanent alterations. For example, Peel and Stick Wallpaper can truly transform your home, but can easily be taken down when necessary. This is also a great way to add a personal touch to rental properties.
- The easiest way in which you can make your home look better is by focusing on letting as much natural light in as possible. When spaces are well-lit, they appear brighter and more spacious. Not to mention the fact that natural light can have a positive effect on your mood and happiness. To let in more light, try swapping out bulky curtains for lightweight blinds. You should also ensure that you never leave the curtains shut all day long!