This year has given me a new perspective on the phrase “slow down.” I’ve somehow gotten an ample amount of time to relax but also balance family and being a business owner. I often take time for myself, which I didn’t do often before. One of my favorites is bathtime – specifically milk baths.
Not just any bath, but a bathtub full of antioxidants. I switch up the recipe often, but I like to use a combination of flowers, herbs, and milk.
What are the benefits of a milk bath? Milk is great for softening skin! Milk baths are also great for those suffering from eczema, dry skin, sunburn, or psoriasis.
I wanted to share my latest fruity milk bath recipe that will have you relaxing in no time.
- 1 cup powdered milk
- 1/4 cup baking soda (unless you’re allergic)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lavender
- 3 drops of the essential oil of your choice
- 1 dozen flowers (fresh or dried) – Try roses, calendula, or whatever is in season
- 1 large grapefruit sliced
- 1 lemon sliced
TIP: You’ll want to use organic fruits and flowers if possible. Many of these items are sprayed with pesticides and you don’t want those to end up in your bath.
- Add the powdered milk, fresh lavender, essential oil, and baking soda in a ziplock bag and shake to combine
- Run a warm bath and add the dry mixture to the water
- Once the bath has enough water, add the grapefruit, lemon, and flowers – they will float!
- Soak your worries away!
This recipe can be modified to your liking, you can also add in other fruits like limes or other greenery.
TIP: For quick cleanup, use a small strainer to catch the fruit and flowers before draining your tub.
See our Healthy Living section for more and don’t forget to sign up for our email list below so you never miss a new blog post.
Sign up for the ClassyCurlies Mailing List